Beet Ginger Almond Butter Cookies
These cookies are the perfect combination of spicy and sweet, soft and chewy, and healthy yet indulgent. The only down side is that they use up a full jar of Spreads by Cede almond butter, BUT if you’re not down to give up all the goodness right off the bat, this recipe can easily use only half the ingredients.
Makes about 20 cookies… depending how big you decide to make them. ;)
-1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
-1/2 cup cane sugar
-1 jar Spreads by Cede Beet Ginger almond butter
-1/2 cup oat flour
-1/4 cup rolled oats
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp cinnamon
-dash of ginger powder
-1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Use an electric mixer to mix together apple sauce, cane sugar, maple syrup and almond butter.
3. One by one add oat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger powder until no dry ingredients remain.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Spoon the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper leaving at least 2.5-3 inches inbetween (dough will be sticky so it's best to use a small ice cream scoop or wet hands).
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
7. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.